Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What's New? My Favourite Art Podcasts

What's new? Well, I've been painting a lot but not blogging much (feel guilty about it too).  I have discovered quite a few bits of information lately that I'd like to share though.

For those of you who don't know, I run and I bike and I have a long commute to my day job.  Rather than listen to music during those activities I listen to my favourite podcasts that I download from iTunes. Here are a few:

My most recent discovery is "Artists Helping Artists" from Blog Talk Radio and hosts Leslie Saeta and Dreama Tolle Perry.  This is an amazing podcast!  It's very focused on the business of art and has a tremendous amount of information. Keep a notebook handy! You can listen to the live show or download from iTunes.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/artistshelpingartists

This link will list all the art-related shows:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/art

A few other favourites:

Art & Soul radio on Blog talk Radio.
Artistically Speaking on Blog Talk Radio.

CraftSanity with Jennifer Haywood, although she seems to have stopped podcasting since she started her own magazine. Although her podcast is geared toward knitting and sewing and quilting, I feel like we're kindred spirits in a way. You can still listen to all her older shows.

CraftCast is geared toward jewellery-making but she has interesting interviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment