Thursday, July 7, 2011

Inspired By Rauschenberg

The composition of this painting was inspired by a small 4x4" collage of my own. The instructor in a class I was taking suggested we take a look at Robert Rauschenberg's art and I was intrigued by his use of small rectangles of colour across some of his paintings and his rough, messy style so I decided to incorporate that idea into this piece.

Sometimes I chastise myself for trying too many different materials and styles of art.  The truth is that I have an addiction to art supplies and playing with new things and it's really hard to settle on one medium.  Apparently that's a no-no from a collector's point of view, but hey, it worked for Rauschenberg.  Nevertheless, I do believe my unique voice is starting to emerge in my art.  When I look at my art there is almost always a merging of organic elements with more rigid shapes.

1 comment:

  1. nicoladalbenzio.blogspot.comSeptember 26, 2011

    I had to smile when you said you're addicted to art supplies-me too! I do mostly watercolor but love looking at totally inspirational work like this. Abstract but relatable

    ReplyDelete