Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Yupo Veggies

Here is my summer veggies submission for the latest Different Strokes from Different Folks challenge. It was indeed a challenge because it's my first attempt at watercolour on Yupo paper. This piece of paper has been calling my name for a while now so I decided to break from my usual acrylic and mixed media endeavours.
I don't think I would do anything with large washes on Yupo but I like the way you can wipe it off.
If time permits, I'll do another version using my acrylics.

4 comments:

  1. Nice work, i like both your versions. Love the crop on the acrylic version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both versions of the Veggies are great entries to the DSFDF challenge. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Catharine! What is Yupo paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your nice comments. Yupo paper is sort of like a plastic coated bristol board. It originated as a type of industrial paper. When you paint on it with watercolors, the paint isn't absorbed at all. For that reason, you can't layer any transparent washes, but the textures can be interesting.

    ReplyDelete